Wednesday through Friday I am teaching 2 forty-five minute lessons to each of the fourth grade classes. These lessons are taking place in the StarLab, a blow up planetarium. Very fun, but exhausting. I've been sick for almost 3 weeks with a sinus cold. I was on the mend, but relapsed on Tuesday. My throat is so sore and I'm talking nonstop for 3 days. I am also talking over a very loud fan that is keeping our planetarium blown up. My voice was practically gone by the end up the day. I'm been conserving all night so I can keep trucking tomorrow. I'd really rather stay in bed...
Not our lab, but the exact model.
An example of the inside. It is actually pitch black, but they had to take a picture so...
We are learning Greek Mythology and how to find the actual constellations without the drawings. This is what is projected on the walls for the greek part. It is really a cylinder, not straight, and rotates... just like a real planetarium.
I wish my kids got to do something like that. They would love it. I hope you get better soon, sinus pain is the worst.
ReplyDelete